AGE REQUIREMENT: Must be 21 Years old or older to reserve.RENTAL RATES: Our rental rates are based on the season as well as the number of guests. Rate ranges do not include taxes, cleaning fees or pet fees. Rates are subject to change without notice.
TAX: 10.75% tax (or the current legal rate) is charged on all rentals.
CHECK IN & OUT: Check In is 3:00 pm or later and Check Out is 10:00 am. No early Check In or Check Out. We need the in-between time to prepare for our next guests.
PAYMENT: A 50% deposit by credit card is required to confirm a reservation. The balance of your reservation is due 30 days prior to your arrival date. You may pay the balance with the credit card we have on file or call the office to make other arrangements.
WE PROVIDE: Each cabin is supplied with dishes, kitchen utensils, cookware, bed linens, blankets, pillows, and towels.
YOU PROVIDE: We recommend that you bring or purchase consumable supplies (paper products, trash bags, soap, and detergent). There will be a “starter amount” of these when you arrive, but it is not meant to last your stay. If there is a charcoal grill, wood burning fireplace or fire pit, you will need to supply the fuel. Also, if there is a pool or your cabin is near a creek you should bring beach towels to use outdoors.
FIREPLACES: There are gas fireplaces in many of our cabins for our guest's enjoyment. These are operable during our fall, early spring, and winter months and turned off during the warm weather months.
1) Minimum Age Requirement – Bryson City Cabin Rentals ONLY rents to responsible adults aged 21 or older. Reservation holder must be 21 years of age or older at time of booking and is considered responsible party for the duration of the reservation. Reservation holders cannot make reservations for other parties and must be an occupying member of the property during the reservation.
Terms & Conditions
2) Limited Damage Waiver OR Security Deposit Required
- All tenants are required to either pay a one-time $30 Limited Damage Waiver (detailed information below) OR a standard, refundable $600 security deposit. To choose the security deposit you must call to reserve. (This excludes Rare Mountain Properties –, Eagle’s Nest, Bear Kottage, Captain’s Bend, Wolf’s Den, The Cedar Post, Brick Chalet Lodge)
- The Limited Damage Waiver is a one-time, non-refundable fee waiving your responsibility for up to $1,000 of accidental, unintentional damage occurring during your occupancy. Damage that is not deemed unintentional or accidental, or damage incurred by pets or unsupervised children will not be covered under the damage waiver and additional charges will apply. Tenants will be responsible for damages with amounts in excess of the $1,000 Waiver. Damages must be reported to office staff before departure to be deemed accidental. Unreported damage will not be considered unintentional or accidental.
- Security deposits will be refunded once the unit has been inspected of all damages upon guest’s departure. If any damages have occurred or items have been found missing, the cost of replacements will be deducted from the Security Deposit. If damages exceed the $600 Security Deposit amount, the tenant will be responsible for the entire amount and the remaining cost will be charged to the tenant’s card on file. Bryson City Cabin Rentals will refund security deposit (minus before mentioned expenses if necessary) within 45 days of tenant departure.
CSA Vacation Rental Insurance has been offered with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. View a Description of Coverage/Policy at www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/330cert
4) Cancelations - We will issue a full refund of your deposit, minus a $75.00 administrative fee for reservations canceled 30 days prior to your arrival date, (90 days for the Brick Chalet Lodge). If it is less than 30 days (90 days for the Brick Chalet) and we are able to re-rent your cabin in full, we will refund the amount you have paid minus the $75.00 administrative fee. No shows and cancelations within 30 days to arrival that we are unable to re-rent in full are obligated for the entire amount of the reservation, without refund - less the Security Deposit (if option was chosen). Early Departures are obligated for their entire stay and the Security Deposit will be processed according to the standard policy. For tenants that purchase CSA Vacation Rental Insurance, you may be reimbursed for the pre-paid non-refundable portions of your trip if you need to cancel within 30 days of arrival and we are unable to re-rent the cabin. It is the tenant’s sole responsibility to contact CSA regarding their policy and reimbursement of their trip.
5) Changes to Reservations - Changes to reservations must be made 30 days prior to arrival. In the majority of instances, we are able to move your reservation to another date for a processing charge of $75 (this should be done at least 30 days prior to your arrival). Rescheduled reservations are non-cancellable. Please be aware that there may be additional charges as well, depending on the rate originally paid, the date you are moving your reservation to, and any other changes that may occur.
Rescheduled Reservations - Rescheduled reservations are non-cancellable, nonrefundable, and not able to be re-rescheduled. Please be aware that there may be additional charges, depending on the rate originally paid, the date you are moving your reservation to, and any other changes that may occur. When rescheduling you must reserve the original property. If a reservation is put into rescheduled status, you only have 6 months from your originally scheduled date to use the reservation credit. This is the sole responsibility of the reserved guests. Following 6 months, the credit will be forfeited if not used.
7) Compensation Policy: Upon arrival, please report any problems or damages, or we must assume these occurred during your stay. Housekeeping complaints must be reported on arrival, so we can send the housekeeper to the property with our Housekeeping Manager to go over the property again. Further, any problems that may arise during your stay must be reported immediately so that we have the opportunity to correct them. We cannot correct or compensate for housekeeping complaints or problems reported after departure.
8) Accidents happen, so please report any damaged or lost items so we may promptly replace them for other guests.
9) Certain conditions exist that are unique to the mountain environment and are beyond the control of Bryson City Cabin Rentals. These include road conditions, availability and reliability of utilities, weather, and indoor and outdoor pests (including but not limited to stinging insects, snakes, spiders, mice, ladybugs). As long as a cabin is safely accessible, inclement weather or your discomfort with mountain roads are not valid conditions for cancelation, nor are power or utility outages (of less than 24 hours in duration) cause for refund or restitution. We have some properties that are in higher elevations and not accessible when it snows. In the event of snow, we will contact you regarding your reservation. We will make every attempt to move you to a comparable cabin for the same dates as your original reservation. Or we will allow you to reschedule at the same cabin within the next 180 days.
10) Internet, cellular services, and phone services in the mountains are not always reliable. Bryson City Cabin Rentals does not charge extra for cabins with unlimited internet access. Please check the website if the particular property you have reserved has wireless internet or limited internet access, as not all properties in the area have internet accessibility. If you are not able to access these amenities during your stay, even if advertised, this is not cause for a refund.
11) Bryson City Cabin Rentals is not responsible for, nor do we recommend the use of MapQuest.com or any other online service, GPS guidance systems, or any directions or instructions from any source other than us. These systems have proven unreliable for use in the rural and mountain roads in our area. There are many areas in the mountains where you will not get a signal for a smart phone or GPS. You have been provided with turn by turn directions for your reservation, please bring a printed copy of your directions.
12) Hot tubs –
- The water in our hot tubs is changed frequently for your safety. If the water is not hot when you arrive, it will heat up to temperature within 24 hours. A hot tub that is not up to temperature on the day of your arrival is not cause for a refund.
- Covers must be kept on the hot tub whenever it is not in use in order to maintain the water temperature. Do not stand, sit, or misuse a hot tub cover, it will break and the replacement charge is $500.00. Do not use soap, bath oils, bubble bath, etc in the hot tub. Some lotions, creams, makeup, soaps, bath oils, etc. mixed with the hot tub chemicals may cause a rash. Showering before and after using a hot tub is recommended.
14) Smoking is not allowed inside any cabin. Smoking on porch or deck is permitted (please use cigarette receptacles). If housekeeping and/or maintenance reports signs of smoking directly following your reservation, you will be charged an additional cleaning charge of $200.
15) Firearms are not allowed on property. This includes BB guns & paintball guns.
16) No Disruptive behavior will be tolerated. Please remember that this is a peaceful mountain community and that neighbors, although they may not be visible, are present. Keep music and conversation at reasonable levels, drive safely, respect that there are other property owners within the community. Please do not trespass against our neighbors unless invited. Bryson City Cabin Rentals will not tolerate, nor be held liable for any house parties or illegal activity by tenants that takes place during the reservation. If any such activity takes place, the local authorities will be contacted and Bryson City Cabin Rentals will cooperate with authorities to ensure all matters are efficiently handled.
17) Bryson City Cabin Rentals will not be held responsible for any personal items lost or left behind. If you should forget an item, we will happily hold your item at our office for up to 14 days for UPS or FedEx Pick Up. It is your sole responsibility to schedule pickups at our office location.
18) If you lock yourself out of your cabin and we have to come to the cabin and unlock it, there is a $35.00 fee that will be charged to your credit card.
19) Pets: Pets are permitted only with prior approval and only in selected cabins. A non-refundable pet cleaning fee of $50 per pet, plus tax will be charged. If a pet is brought into a pet-friendly cabin without prior approval, the guest will be charged an additional $100 fee. Pets brought to cabins that do not allow pets can result in immediate eviction with forfeiture of remaining paid stay, plus the additional $100 fee. Approved pets are not allowed on furniture (including beds and sofas), at any time. Unattended pets in cabin must be crated. Evidence of any pet being in the hot tub will be cause for loss of security deposit in full and may be subject to additional fees. Damage caused by pets during reservation is the responsibility of the tenant and will either be charged to the card on file or withheld from Security Deposit, any damages that are not covered under policies will be the sole responsibility of the tenant.
20) Excessive Cleaning – A cleaning fee is charged to each reservation. This fee is to cover general cleaning between each reservation. If the property is in disrepair following a reservation and deep cleaning is required, (including but not limited to excessive amounts of garbage removal, carpet cleaning, furniture/home steaming & sanitizing, bodily fluid removal, etcs
21) Occupancy Limits – Each property is listed with it’s maximum occupancy limits advertised. By renting the property, you agree to not exceed these limits by having more guests on the reservation than the occupancy limits allow. If the number of guests allowed is exceeded, the tenants may be evicted early from the property, will lose all monies paid towards the reservation, and will be subject to additional fees if excessive cleaning or damages are incurred.